Monday, June 21, 2010

Today's my birthday, gonna have a good time! Hello, 56!

Ok, so my birthday really isn't until tomorrow, but tomorrow (unless you are reading this on Tuesday, which would be your today) I plan on being pretty much computer free, so this is early.
Phil and Laurie told me that their birthday tradition is that the birthday person gets to do anything he or she wants to do. After thinking about it a few minutes, I requested a beach walk, pick a beach, any beach - which is my own birthday tradition.

This is the Mainer's approved chosen beach...and I'm very much looking forward to it! Tonight, as a fine get-started-with-my birthday, Phil cooked us a very delicious meal of aged steak and fresh corn on the cob, with a dessert of freshly picked strawberries a friend brought over, already hulled! and vanilla ice cream. And yes, just so you are sure - I know, to my marrow, that I am the luckiest woman in the world.

Still behind the camera...in jeans (and not sweating!)
photo credit - Laurie Knowlton              

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, MJ! Enjoy your beach and YOUR day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. we know you're gonna have a good one! You forgot the ride down the coast in a red convertible! :) Enjoy the day wonderful, beautiful woman. I know plenty of love and laughter will be part of your special day. Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Season, dear Island Woman. Popham Beach is glorious, and it looks like a great day for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Doug, and yeah, how could I forget a red convertible sporty ride? Soon come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sharon...I'm really looking forward to a new beach and yep! The sun is shining!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, hope this isn't a duplicate post ; ) but hopefully this one will go through!!

    Happy Birthday Dear Island Woman!! May today surpass all your wildest dreams and fill you with the joy you so richly deserve!!

    We love you MJ!

    Sue, Keith, Alex & Keane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! I love you all too! Thanks much. We'll be heading to the beach soon and it looks like a great day ahead, including an antique boat parade of windjammers (the sail on one is tomorrow - if it doesn't rain).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birhtday, MJ! It's a perfect day for Popham - enjoy your day and best wishes for many wild and glorious days in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday MJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! It is a great day...what a very different beach that was! And people were swimming...good lord, I couldn't get my feet wet past my toes, it was freezing. Yikes. But I like that island with the lighthouse and house on it...very cool.

    ReplyDelete