Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lazy Sunday

 Awake at 4, I went back to sleep about an hour later and wow! This is the warmest morning yet since I've been here, at 68 degrees. Even at 4, I was walking around outside barefoot and only the dew on the grass made it a little too cool. Oh dear, am I undergoing the much vaunted *acclimation* I've been told about? I think not...the basement is cold still!

I plan on doing not much today. Maybe trying to get another shot of this guy, a ruby throated hummer, so very different than the ones in my yard at home, but really fun and beautiful, though I confess to thinking my yard hummers are much more exotic and jaunty looking.


The up close view from my chair on the porch - 
some bones and shells from Culebra mixed with Maine

Just a reminder for those missing Culebra views (like me) - you can always find good ones on Bill Kunke's blog, along with what is happening weather wise.

After you finish the crossword, you can read my favorite hummingbird poem. Have a sincerely good Sunday! Do something soothing.

2 comments:

  1. You captured a rare sight - a hummingbird wing. We feed and enjoy our ruby-throats and I love the change when we come to Culebra or go to the desert. I also enjoy the hummer impostors on Culebra, the b-quits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know it was a rare sight! He gave it to me again a little later on...I'll post it tomorrow. Now I'm hoping to see a rufous hummer, one of apparently the only two kinds to frequent Maine. But the rufous is not as frequently seen as the ruby throated one.

    ReplyDelete