Monday, June 7, 2010

Some of the people and places I love

Today I worked with a friend, weeding in ridiculous hot weather, dousing my head under the sink tap a few times, but able to look up once in awhile to incredible beauty. That's what work is, here for me.


And then and then and then...with blue sky fading fast Ann scooted me up to get some views from her insanely beautiful top of the world spot, which, may I mention again, WILL be for rent for holiday! Inquire at Paradise Gift Shop.


A couple of post 100+ photos cocktails later we headed to Dinghy Dock to meet Francie and Karen, a hail friends farewell.

Somehow I didn't get Ann entirely in this photo...oops!

Karen full of joy...that's my story anyway

Suzanne shining

Doug explaining something important

Greg arrived at color time

I met a great couple who gave me the biggest ego boost, saying they read my blog and that is why they came to Culebra. Hey, wow!!!!!

So...my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...In this book I'm reading I came across this quote; it seemed pretty timely:

And though home is a name
a word, it is a strong one;
stronger than magician ever
spoke, or spirit ever answered to,
in the strongest conjuration.
Charles Dickens                            

And that about says it. All. Time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels, MJ. Bring island karma to our shores.

    ReplyDelete