Saturday, May 7, 2011

Light...and Kentucky Derby Day!

Yesterday afternoon, at the closing of another beautiful day here on Culebra, the light was pouring soft as the sun went down.




This morning, it was blinding gold.


Speaking of gold...(what a segue, eh? that's why I get the big bucks here), today is Kentucky Derby Day. If you forgot to remember that, there is still time to wager your bets! For all the info and a look at the horses running, you can check it out here. I'm going with Master of Hounds. Sure, at 18 to 1, he's not in the top ten, but I like how he looks, and his name reminds me of my Dad. And his trainer and jockey are good looking. Very scientific of me. Which is why you don't see me in Vegas. Or Monte Carlo either.

Master of Hounds

Usually I watch the Derby at Diinghy Dock. There might be a bit of a time conflict this year, but we'll see what happens. I know my old KDD partner, Linda, will be watching up in Michigan, her bet on her favorite color of horse, Twinspired. Good luck! Because I can't stand mint juleps, I'll just have to forego that Southern pleasure. And my hats are all still being shipped back from London. The wedding, you know. Damn the postal services.

Have a steady Saturday. Do something stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment