Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain Glory Rain

Yesterday was as glorious as the day before and today are grey and rainy (the sun came out since I wrote that last part, so who knows?). Postcard weather, yes. Something I, and some other people I've talked to, have been noticing is that there seem to be more birds chattering in the mornings and evenings. I don't know what they are all of the time, but I like it. Birdsong for breakfast.




In the late afternoon, Greg was in the yard, getting ready to take his nightly sail. He called me outside and asked if I'd seen the osprey that is roosting on the mast of a trimarin out in the bay. Well, nope, I hadn't, but I was sure happy he had. He told me that when he goes by, the osprey usually takes off...so I ran down to the bottom of the yard to try to catch the show. For some reason, I can get a clearer photo of the MOON than I can of this beautiful bird; this is my next project, to get a really clear shot of him. But in the meantime, here you go!

 After about 20 horrible shots, this is RIGHT before he took off

 "For a big guy, he's pretty quick"

 He circled around the bay, screaming, 
before coming back to roost for the night

This is from this morning - he spent a fair amount of time 

looking at me, but it didn't make him budge

These are the glories we work so hard to keep. There are now over 2000 signatures on the petition to withdraw any permits for the Terruno project. Victor Gonzalez is gating off and stealing an entire beach. I'm sure others have plans we've yet to hear about. Scraping and raping of the land to build is ongoing. That's the bad news. The good news is that progress is being made in ensuring that the entities that are already in place, with existing laws to stop this (EPA, NOAA, etc.) are going to comply with their OWN agenda, which is saving what's left of our waters and lands, and restoring what can be restored. Silence, in this case, is only golden to those with a lot of gold in their pockets. Speak up! Thus endeth the sermon for today. Amen.

Have a telling Thursday! Do something truthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment