Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mixed Up Weather!

Yesterday was a mix of high, high humidity and then some glorious rain. Well, glorious for us here on Culebra! Over on the big island, yikes. I got reports of hail, waterspouts that tore boats loose, fallen trees (one on a friend's car)...a radically different scene over there. Today, the forecast is 70% chance of rain; it looks like St. Croix was just getting pounded, but for us, it looks clear for awhile. There is a lot of activity waaaay to the south of us; we'll see what happens!

There's a new page on Facebook (if you use Facebook, if you don't, I totally get it, but it is a great grapevine for Culebra goings-on) called Alianza Pro conservacion y calidad de vida de Culebra. Which roughly translates to an alliance for the conservation and quality of life on Culebra. There will be Spanish and English translations available. Of course, I'm a big fan of Google Translate, which gets better all the time, since I'm moronic about Spanish still (shame shame).  Just so you know.

Here are some slices of my Saturday... 

These trees are blooming all over the island...this one is in my yard.
Sights I love to see here...and yes, they caught some fish!
First (and second, if you look really hard) tomato!!!
The sky around sunset. It was amazing all day.
They are soooooo ready to open! Dragon like here; the fast life of orchids is almost scary.
Just one more thing. When the world is getting you crazy, you have to remember who is in control You can turn off the news. You can step away from the computer. You can...


 RELAX!

Have a seductive Sunday! Do something sleek.

2 comments:

  1. Seductive and sleek, all in one: The Austin-Healey club is having a concourse today, unless they cxl for *our* rain. I owned two when I was twenty. One was a 1960 3000 Mk I, which had been in a wreck but ran great. The other was a 1959 100-6 whose body was intact, but the engine was seized up. Somehow, instead of putting the former's engine in the latter, I decided to try to use the body parts from the latter to repair the former (very bad call-the frame was bent and my dad made me sell the whole aggravation). Anyway, in spite of the gawd-awful way the British used to build their cars - everything held together by flimsy clips - I get chills on those rare occasions when I see one on the road. I can still hear the unique b-r-a-a-a-a-a-a-p of the exhaust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in h.s. there was a boy in our neighborhood who'd give me rides to school in his Austin-Healey. And his name was...Austin!

    Good story and I hope you don't get rained out! It's raining but we're heading to the beach anyway...when did water ever stop a party? Of course, I just heard thunder...that might slow me up a bit.

    ReplyDelete