Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Like Lemmings to the Shore

A very tourquoise boat
Culebra cleared out yesterday quickly enough that I could almost hear the whoosh of departures. I heard there was some ferry confusion; sorry to all of you affected and hope you got to enjoy a few more hours of Culebra, even if it was not your first choice.

Everything feels a little bit in slow motion right now. A horse lazily wanders down the street, stopping to take a bite of lush new grass along the way. Even the birds sound in muted calls.

The morning, which is getting cloudier as I type, is getting cooler, with the radar showing rain to the north and south of us and confused winds (even though at my end of the bay the water is almost still). Or they are confusing to me, those reds and yellows going east and west, with us somewhere about the middle. Ah well, if it breaks the humidity, a little rain wouldn't be a bad thing.

Here is some of the morning round about me. Not the horse; I was too lazy to get the camera...and a horse ambling is not the same as a still photo. As ever after a holiday weekend, it doesn't feel like a Tuesday and that will take me at least until Friday to straighten out.


 A morning swim over from Iguana Island

With no hurry, he glided into the mangroves



On a torpid Tuesday, do something turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment