Friday, May 20, 2011

Unrequited Love

You know that feeling when you first fall in love, with a boy or a girl, or a baby or a beach? How mesmerized and tingly you feel when your eyes are on the object of your passion? How you just want to capture whatever it is and hold it up for the whole world to see? How those emotions are so close to tangible you could almost eat and drink them and never be hungry or thirsty again and you know you are a little crazed, but there it is? There am I.

I'm in love. Ok, it's an interspecies love and probably illegal in 37 states, maybe 49. And I know it will forever be unrequited (even though he looks at me a lot). But that's ok. Really. You'll just have to bear with my madness awhile...or not. But I can't help it, I'm hopelessly smitten and obsessed. Again. How could I not be? LOOK at him!

Mr. Majestic
Yes, Beautiful, I see you too

Oh, are those not the most adorable claws you ever saw?

What form! What balance! What...ok, I'm wonked.

Aw, baby got an itch?

Those claws...

Magic light time looks good on you!

So cute when you try to look shy
Oh, I know. One day, when I've come to think he'll always be there, he'll be gone without a squawk. But that will be then. This is now.

Old friend...yes, I still think you're awesome...but...

Egrets in the sun
Have a full-up-heart Friday! Do something flighty.

p.s. If the Rapture happens tomorrow, I'll still be here, just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment