Thursday, May 12, 2011

Sometimes...

Yesterday as I was heading home, I saw three horses, one standing, two absolutely lolling about. In the middle of the day. Was it going to storm? No. Was the weather terribly hot? No. What was it then? It seemed so odd.



And then, as if lolling wasn't enough, this horse just laid flat out down...I almost expected to see her start stretching.


So I came a little closer. Were they okay? Should I call someone? What was going on? And then, it became perfectly clear.



Babies! Tucked into the grass near their mamas, one looking maybe a week or so older than the one that looked very new indeed. Mama and babies were just resting. I remember those days, especially as, being my daughter's birthday, my mind had wandered there over the day.

But I'd disturbed them and up they got. Not hurriedly, they sensed I meant no harm. Even though I could just imagine them saying to one another...'You just try to get any rest with a new one, someone is always coming over, wanting to see them...couldn't they call first?'



They didn't go far and hopefully after I left them, they got back to dozing on a fine afternoon. Sorry Mamas! Your babies are beautiful!

As I've mentioned - ok, maybe a few times and maybe more than just a mention - there is a flowering bush outside my window that the hummingbirds love. I've tried and tried to get a particular shot of one (or more!) of them, but it has always eluded me. Until yesterday. Now, of course, I want two of them. Ecstatic greedy me.


Have a torqued Thursday! Do something thoroughly.

2 comments:

  1. Best Hummer ever!

    Willliam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And I loved The Man Who Planted Trees book; such a small book and yet so big! Thanks so much. It's at the cart, I'll be there later on.

    ReplyDelete