Friday, May 13, 2011

What's going on?

If you ever look at the left side of this blog, you'll see things various and sundry. Some things I make and sell, like hot sauce and photographs, some I only sort of 'make' like the Cafe Press items, t-shirts, mugs, etc. For a little while, depending on how it works out, you're also going to see a tip jar. A tip jar? Well, it's a paypal button disguised as a tip jar...

Here's why. A few people who are regular readers of my blog have told me for quite awhile that I should put up a 'donate' button on my blog. The thought of it just seemed sort of weird to me, but that weirdness is slowly fading to a 'why not?' sort of vagueness. Things are changing, I'm changing some bits of my life along with them. Baking bread, planning on having chickens to have eggs, more things I can do from home that will be of interest to a more local group of people. I include those people who come here year after year, for at least part of the year. I include the guy who couldn't find bread on Sunday. That sort of thing. The cart will still be there, but unless it's a big week or season, I'll be home more, doing things that can't be done at the cart...like baking. Yes, there will still be hot sauce as well!

So some things will change (like the economy has, welcome to year three), but others will not. I enjoy writing this blog way too much to change or stop that, but there is only so much energy. I finally thought, if it helps me with this new flow of life, and people who enjoy the blog want to toss a buck my way for it once in awhile, is that a bad thing? Can you tell I think it is a sort of weird thing? Well...yeah. But what the heck. I haven't written a book, I haven't invented a time machine. I don't sing and dance (for money), and MJ cannot live on hot sauce alone...hence, the tip jar. I rarely look at my stats, but I did the other day and figured if most of my regular readers (that's my brother and sometimes my children...just kidding) tossed in a buck a week all year, I'd be able to take down the tip jar in one year, for at least a few years! Ok, my standard of life is pretty minimal...but I like it that way. It works. Really. My life is great, and if no one tips, I'll just spit on the posts before sending them out.

Anyway, that's why you'll see the tip jar, that's what it's all about, and you won't hear about it again. Unless I get so many tips I come to visit you next year...be careful what you ask for!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~$$$$$ oops~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday we got some wonderful rain again. It didn't last long but there was enough to fill up rain buckets and make dinghy bailing (not my dinghy, not yet) necessary. It was a beautiful thing and our ever so thirsty island is responding with green! Keep those rain dances goin' on, we're not close to enough yet.


A flock of smooth-billed anis were hopping and fluttering next to Di's Garden Center yesterday. I like these birds so much. For one thing, they are just strange. And they are sort of clutzy. And they are part of the cuckoo family. I think I'm related. 

"Whatcha lookin' at? We can't all be hummingbirds!"

Today is Friday the 13th. My lucky day! I hope it is yours as well. Thanks, Blogger people, for getting things fixed! If anyone has problems commenting, it's their fault.

Have a festive Friday! Do something free-for-all.


No comments:

Post a Comment