Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Moon and the Orchid

It's a pity it is raining this morning; I so wanted to get started on my walking program. Oh well, onward.

Last night I was thinking about the moon, as I so often do. I wondered if it was full (it wasn't, that's tonight) and thought I'd not be able to see it if it was because it's been pretty cloudy lately, to put it mildly (and I do put it mildly because even though the rain might be going a bit over the top at the mement, it's been so seriously needed, clouds are welcome).

Looking out, I could see dark brightness, in a murky, underwater sort of way. It was enough to get me up and in the yard, eyes skyward. At that moment, out of the murk came the moon! I just happened to have my camera in hand, a good thing as it didn't last long before the clouds captured her in wisp nets again.




There was also another object glowing, but I decided to wait until this morning to take the photo. Not like the sun was going to be shining, by waiting, but flash, while handy and at times even fun to use...sometimes just doesn't feel like the right thing to do.

This orchid was such a surprise because it is off of a plant that was broken by...grrrr, never mind, but I stuck a couple bits of it in some dirt (I've told you all this but as you, my long suffering gentle readers know, I do tend to repeat myself a bit - it comes from the extremely stimulating life I lead), and they not only took root, but now, a bloom! This isn't one of those wildly thrilling gigantic purple orchids (such as I'm going to have any day now; they are waiting for some sunshine), but the simpleness - I like it.


A taste of the weather report, so you know we don't always sit under palm trees on the beach with rum drinks in hand while fresh fish grills nearby.

408 AM AST TUE MAY 17 2011

...STRONG THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE WATERS BETWEEN EASTERN PUERTO RICO
AND CULEBRA...

AT 359 AM AST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
CLUSTER OF THUNDERSTORMS...PRODUCING STRONG WINDS UP TO 33 KNOTS...
8 NM WEST OF CULEBRA...MOVING NORTH AT 10 KNOTS.

MARINERS CAN EXPECT GUSTY WINDS UP TO 33 KNOTS...LOCALLY HIGHER
WAVES...LIGHTNING STRIKES...AND HEAVY DOWNPOURS. BOATERS SHOULD SEEK
SAFE HARBOR IMMEDIATELY UNTIL THIS STORM PASSES.
Have a tranquil Tuesday. Do something temperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment