Saturday, November 19, 2011

Culebra Catch Up Catch All? Of course not!

The other day on the way to one of my work incarnations, we saw a schooner coming into the bay. It didn't look like the Harvey Gamage on its annual trek, but it was. In fact, it was my own personal Harvey Gamage Day. Coming in, at anchor, heading out...it wouldn't be a little odd if I'd just been home all day, but each time I saw the ship, I was a) on the road toward Zoni b) at Dinghy Dock and c) at home when my landlord called out "Photo op!" and it was the Harvey G, heading to sea. The photos are a bit ragged, but that's how stories go sometimes!



There was unexpected rain and an unexpected rainbow...


Unexpected quiet time with a friend, with an unexpected walk - in a sweet breeze with a good view...


And finally, an unexpected 20 dollar offer on a lobster in the middle of the road, when I was walking home after a bread delivery or two. No, I didn't buy the lobster, but I did get the photo...and almost a smile.


We're having a BIG weather system skirt by us right now, giving some fluky but wonderful weather. We were supposed to get quite a bit more rain from it, but in a weird shear, we're not! If you go here, you can see this as a loop, it's pretty odd (well, as I'm writing this between 3 and 4 in the morning, it's weird!) If you don't catch it in time, that column of weather? It's moving straight up. The whole thing. Even while there is a big lot of swirling wind patterns to the west of it...strange but cool (see? you think you NEED television when you could be entertained by weather loops)


I'm in a big purging mode, along with painting. The other day I gave my wonderful office chair away, because I really didn't have room for it anymore with some other re-arranging going on. It was given to me and I wanted to pass that along. The person who got it had said to herself only the day before, OH, if I just had a good chair like I used to have...and then the universe grinned and said, Here you go! This is the chair in its new home, how nice to be sent this photo! It looks quite a bit more sophisticated in its new abode. Be good, chair!

credit:AE
And  now I hear pelicans fishing, the cat is asking for breakfast as well and my tea has steeped enough. Today will be a 'home' day for me, because somehow it got to be Saturday and errands I put off can't be done today. Oopsy!

Have a sable smooth Saturday. Do something swiftly.

10 comments:

  1. I am a recent subscriber and after reading your line,"see? you think you need television when you could be entertained by weather loops" --- I might already be hooked!! Thanks. Patrick Ginsbach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick, welcome! They can be addicting, like ever changing art that's real that's art...I've always wanted to be a weather loop pimpette...score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another eye-catching craft on the MJadar! What a beauty. Glad you caught it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to convey I was rapidly becoming hooked on your blog --- I have been hooked on the weather in any form--forever........ and that is (as the kids say)a 'ginormous' bunch of storms out there in ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doug, if you go to their website, you can follow the trips and who knows? Maybe they'll be here when you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patrick, now I've got it! Hopefully I can continue to encourage your hooked-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know one thing already -- my vocabulary will be expanded-- having learned two new words just today-pimpette and hooked-ness. I am not sure when these new words will be used, so I will say thank you now. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, so you've twigged on to the Island Woman Variation Edition of the OED. Splendid!

    ReplyDelete