Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Culebra Wednesday ~ We're Golden! (oops, it's Tuesday)

Turkey Race 2010
Just in case you don't know, or forgot, today is the Turkey Race day! Children, men and women will be racing for fun and turkeys and *gasp* cash prizes too. I think so, anyway, re the cash. According to Lawrence, there aren't enough men racing (or women over 50, and no, I'm not entering - I want to live until Thanksgiving Day at least, por favor), so it's not too late to enter! Get in touch with Jim Galasso if you are interested. The kids' race is at the ball field this afternoon, sometime around 4 ish, but get there earlier because you know how these things go. And bring mosquito repellent; last year I had to leave as I was getting eaten alive. This is really a fun part of the beginning holiday events, so be there! Thanks, Lawrence, for the head's up.

This morning's sunrise was an unexpected golden wash o' color...plus a bonus chair.

Yet another weird thing that comes floating to my dock from the sea...this is much better than the usual plastic bottles, plastic bags, and assorted other plastic garbage
And the top flips down too! Recycling, oh yeah.
Good morning, Sol!
Thank you for the show
You make everything extra beautiful
Mr. Rooster isn't quite golden, but I like him anyway...WAY down the yard, thank you.
Have a wide-eyed Wednesday! Do something well. (edited to say, thanks to Doug, I have gained a whole day and I needed it! Another side effect of island life... so have a tangled-mindless Tuesday! Do something Tuesday-ish!!)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Doug! I'm usually LOSING a day, now I've got an extra one...I'll fix that. Maybe ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra day? Fly in for the Brown-Eisele bacchanal, OTA Thanksgiving. Bring sweat pants!

    Happy Best of Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of the best to you too! Wish they'd get that transporter machine done...I know what your bacchanals are like and I'd love to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug Doug Doug! It's island time. It can be any day she wants it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, thanks! I was glad to be reminded though, it let me procrastinate a little bit more...

    ReplyDelete