Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Still Raining, Y'all

There is usually a bad side to every good side, she wrote profoundly. The rain we are having, as usual, proves the point. While its gentle patter fills cisterns, makes the flowers bloom and cools the air, it also keeps people from the beaches and affects outdoor style businesses.

I say this all of the time because it is such a huge factor on Culebra. Life simply doesn't go on the same way when we have a lot of rain rather than just a shower here and there lasting a few minutes, unlike places where days and months of rain are just a part of the yearly cycle. I try to imagine a life where indoors is the normal state of being...and I can't.


But it doesn't stop the bread from rising! Rye out, Rosemary Garlic in. Time's a wastin'- and I like it that way.


The thing about getting up way early to bake bread is that my coffee intake jumps exponentially to the hours I'm not asleep. Let's add trying to quit smoking into that mix. I'm saying trying because even though this is (again) Day Two, like they say in AA, I'll always be a Smoker (I'm just hoping that smoking in my dreams will be enough for a year or two or more). So if you see me later today and I appear a little jittery in body and mind, be kind.


 Have a fractious-free Friday! Do something fervently.

10 comments:

  1. Hang in there chica!! Will be sending good vibes your way, I know you can do anything you set your mind to!

    And that Rosemary Garlic bread? Yummy wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had over two weeks of rain. 13 days and one morning of sun then like 3 more days.
    Get ready to mow your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all good! I made it through the day with only slight...okay, I'm lying...a certain amount of being slightly surly among people who tolerate me when I'm in that place and hope I'll get back to normalo soon!

    Next time y'all are here...it's Rosemary Garlic bread?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cigs are more ruthless than heroin. Keep the positive affirmations in high gear, Darlin'. I'll send Uncle Dougie's patented quit hints under separate cover. And contrary to what your addicted nicotine center is telling you, I sit here as typing proof that you can get to a place where you'll never desire another store bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They ARE worse than heroin, factually. But I'm worse than heroin too ;) My positive affirmation is my cig $ jar...I just keep thinking, man I can do THIS and THAT with that money and so, another day goes by. Thanks, Uncle Dougie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit that I'm addicted to you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, there is no 12 step program for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I think there IS a 12 step program for your blog!

    Step 1: Go to Culebra
    Step 2: Hang out with MJ
    Step 3: Repeat steps 1 & 2 ad infinitum

    Love you MJ!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wow, now I have a place to come to when I'm feeling whingy and low...you two made my day/week/year. Thanks, and I love you too!

    ReplyDelete