Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wind, Rain, El Batey and Tony

We've been having some strong winds lately. Late Christmas winds? The clouds get ominous and then there is 5 minutes of rain. Then, when the visitor is wondering if the beach day is gone, poof! Out comes the sun and dries up all the rain and...you know the rest.

Golden beginnings
Three trees in pink
Unexpectedly meeting up with some friends who just got back on island, we headed to El Batey for an early happy hour. Or two. It was meet and greet time, with a half dozen people I'd missed seeing over the holidays, who were there for lunch. With lechon on the menu, what's to resist? But taking photos of my friends enjoying their meals was eclipsed when I met Tony. There he was, perfectly tousled hair, cuter than a guy named Tony has any right to be. My heart melted.

Yes, this is where we met, at the dock across the street from El Batey.
Unfortunately, even though we were giving each other googoo eyes, his heart belongs to another woman.

It's okay, Tony. You know you love her. And I'd never be happy in New York.
After I got home, I went for a walk. And this is what I've found. I've posted photos of these before, but every time I see one I think it's more beautiful than the last one I saw. It practically fell into my hand. Really.

Okay, boys and girls, do you remember what this is?

OSHA doesn't really operate around here, and most of the time, that's pretty okay with everyone. Well, not the time my car fell into a 3 foot unmarked trench filled with rain. But for the most part, we take care of our own dangers in our own ways.

No, this isn't a public dock. I'm sure this cone was bought specifically for this reason.
Have a tread softly Thursday. Do something Tony-ish.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry about the unrequited love pangs...perhaps it's a better thing you do. For every glamorous New Yorker, there is a soon-come, breathtakingly adorable sato to sweep you off your feet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get swept off my feet by satos on an all too regular basis...I'd home 10 of them if life were just a teeny bit different. But yes, the exotic is most likely not for me. Alas.

      Delete
  2. It is, of course, a cashew. Too bad it's only the male part that gets the recognition. The female plumply deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Sharon, and of course, you are right!

      Delete
    2. What would the male part be without the plumply? Lost, sad and lonely :(

      Delete
    3. But revered by cashew lovers everywhere!

      Delete
  3. We've been having the same weather here. I've been wearing a sweater LOL
    Tony is adorable.
    Lovin' the pictures
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was walking and a friend was driving. She stopped and we laughed because we both had long sleeves on. Tony IS adorable! Glad you're enjoying the photos, I'm having a good time taking them!

      Delete