Saturday, March 15, 2014

Culebra Randomness ~ Again

Between friends being here, house sitting and a trip to the big island, I've been a bit of here and there, feeling somewhat like Spike the Hummer with moments of oh wow shining brighter than usual. And that's pretty bright.

There has been a lot of sand lost due to those many windy days we had and this is one of the results. It seems an impossible tree, but there you have it.
A meeting held earlier this past week on the maritime zones was decently attended. I confess not staying for the whole thing as I had something else to do, but it was great to see our Mayor show up for it. I've not checked on how the Q & A went, so I don't know if my own question 'When will there be working boats for our official protectors of sea related issues to use so they can get out there when a problem is reported?' was asked or not.  I'll try to find out.


Coming out of Milka's the other day there were a few people sitting at the picnic table there shelling gandules - those wonderful legumes that are so delicious in rice. A man named William is growing them someplace in town and they are doing very well. I was invited to help but had to decline with other missions on hand. That was too bad, it is that sort of thing I love to do and that only happens on Culebra. Good for them!


The boats in the harbour are looking particularly picturesque with the sunny skies we've been having lately. I'd not mind some rain (and am thankful for what we got sometime in the early hours this morning) but the sunshine water is so beautiful.


From Space.com comes this bit of full moon lore. As I read a lot of posts from gardeners in the northern climes, I know they are hoping this becomes reality sooner than later.

"Full Worm Moon —In this month the ground softens and the earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of the robins. The more northern tribes knew this as the Full Crow Moon, when the cawing of crows signals the end of winter, or the Full Crust Moon because the snow cover becomes crusted from thawing by day and freezing at night. The Full Sap Moon, marking the time of tapping maple trees, is another variation."

In the Southern Hemisphere March's full moon is either the Harvest Moon or Corn Moon. It's a big earth! Where ever you happen to be on it, I hope you have clear skies to enjoy the beauty of the moon tonight.

Enjoy the day. Enjoy the night. It's all good.

 Have a sapphire Saturday. Do something sky-blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment