Sunday, January 10, 2010

Around the town

This morning held a gentle sunrise and plenty of reliable Lipton tea. The ground is still wet from our 'lotso' rain so the mozzies didn't have a long time to chomp on me while I watered a few containered plants (they dry out more quickly).


Today I am selling my beloved electric chain saw. A friend called asking to borrow it and I asked if he wanted to buy it. He can use it to make cash, and I use it rarely (but oh my! feel the power!) to have a more cleaned up yard, but mostly to have fulfilled a many years desire to own a chain saw. Ok, Cool. I had one. Now, in the interest of getting my fairly simple life a bit more simple, it can move on down the road. Literally. Plus, I always know where I can borrow a chain saw when I get that urge again. So long, Mr. Chainsaw, you were way big fun!

Now I want a table saw...this is why it is so difficult to be simple!

Since I was working at Susie's last evening, I decided to come into town early to see if Milton and Grady were playing music on the ferry dock. They weren't (but they are tonight at 5 at Mamacita's so be there!). But along the way I did get to see some good moments and things. One was Mike and Kathy, having a good conversation. Kathy's unconscious good posture makes my own improve just looking at her.

Old friends

(I left Susie's early as the dining crowd was thin and walked back down by the pizza place looking for a possible ride home. Mike was on another bench, talking to Kirk. A group of young people I think from the big island came over as we were talking and asked if they could take Mike's photo, with them in it. After posing all around him, they thanked him and headed to the ferry dock. Mike says this happens two or three times a day now. I kind of do and don't get it. Is there a facebook thing called, Photos with the Beard Guy of Culebra?)

I kept on walking to the ferry dock (where the only music was coming from a loudspeaker in front of Quique's) and saw where Mark has been painting the front of Hector's bar (Aqui Mi Queda). It's fantastic! He's not done yet, but he's added some really good trompe l'oeil along with his usual wonderful work. Come down and check it out.

Sea to the front of you, sea to the back!

Stand under the gull at your own risk

The sun is out. There is very little air moving. It's a good day to make things happen slowly.

Have a sensuous Sunday. Do something good, secretly.

p.s. Noted in response to an email...according to the SJ weather service (check under aviation) Montserrat has blown off a huge amount of ash and predictions are for it to spread toward us and the VI's today. Or not, as they can't quite be sure. I'm seeing no wind...but that is at this level. If it is as bad as it sounds, people with respiratory issues need to be aware of this, as well as anyone hoping to fly today...thanks, Laurie!

No comments:

Post a Comment