Sunday, January 17, 2010

A posting in two parts - before and later

Soup is on my mind this morning. It was on my mind last night, working at Susie's, when she offered me some yuca soup. It was delicious, partly because it really was delicious and partly because I'd been wanting soup for a couple of days, inspired by the weather. Today is day three of waking up to a rainy day, watching the radar and seeing more on the way. If I didn't have to keep an eye on whether or not the medical supply air flight will actually get here and get to Haiti today, I'd just crawl back in bed and start over again later on.


Speaking of which...there was a good number of boxes donated with medical supplies for the Haiti flight. As of this moment, they are still at the Air Flamenco counters but by 1 they should be on their way toward Haiti, maybe via a couple of detours but by tonight or tomorrow morning. When I know for sure, I'll post it. Gratitude is deserved for everyone who gave so generously, I know this wasn't inexpensive or easy after making donations to the gym as well, and I know many people did both. Both efforts show again the generousity of spirit that Culebra has - small island, huge heart.
I forgot to bring my camera when we were
at the gym yesterday, but Laurie didn't and sent me her photo
All of this (and more was coming in) from little ol' Culebra!!

Diane and Rosarito were at the airport
helping organize things; thanks mucho, you two!

The rain continues for day 3 or 23, I can't remember anymore. I feel bad for the people who have only seen rain their whole time in Culebra during our supposed dry season. The mud is getting pretty deep around here and I'm missing my cart! I just got a new order in and no one is getting to see any of it...waaahhh. Looking at the radar is not an encouraging sight either. But! It's not snow and we have so much to be thank full for. An almost surreal looking rainbow this morning is one of the things I'm glad I got to see.


A rain day song...


1 comment: