Friday, January 22, 2010

Free Range Friday

First and most important, today is the blood drive on Culebra. Here is a message from Joanna and a slightly modified google translation.

"Saludos...gracias a tod@s los que de una manera u otra nos han apoyado en estos momentos tan difíciles...Gracias por continuar orando por esta familia...Ahora les pido que sigan apoyándonos con la donación de sangre que es mañana viernes 22 de enero de 2010...Estaremos en Usos Múltiples de 8 AM a 3 PM...necesitamos reponer la sangre que utilizaron para mi tía y con la ayuda de ustedes lo vamos a lograr...quedan espacios, así que inviten a un amigo...todo en Honor de esa gran mujer, Nydia Nellis Pérez Vega. Muchas bendiciones, los esperamos"
Greetings everyone, thank you who in one way or another have supported us through these difficult times ... Please continue to pray for this family ... Now I ask you to continue to support us by donating blood is Friday, January 22, 2010 ... We will be in the Multipurpose building (turn up the road to Melones, second building on the left) 8 AM to 3 PM ... we need to replace the blood they used for my aunt and with your help we will succeed ... are spaces, so invite a friend ... all in honor of this great woman, Nellis Nydia Perez Vega. Much blessings and hope.ny blessings, hope ...
So be there! and let us honor Nydia in this way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The afternoon saw a few of us at Dingy Dock for a BYOB Happier Hour. It was good to shake off some of the weight of this past week and some, talking and laughing with friends and listening to some great music (you who left early, now don't you wish you'd stayed!). David, who is Betz' son and Barry's cousin, is down from Maryland and lucky for us, brought along his guitar. He and Grady pulled off some fine tunes and had a few of us on our feet dancing. Thanks so much! There's rumor of a repeat, keep your ears open!

Here are a few moments from yesterday and a little taste of what we got treated to musically.

Hair mystery

Celestial Chuck

Walt, who got David and Grady together - good job!!

Tony
(Sometimes I wonder how Culebrense identify some of our gringo guys...
"Oh, you know him, he's American, he has a beard...uh...wait...")

Lori

I don't think Lori was standing on the bar to take this photo...

Chuck and Lori cuttin' the rug (as Chuck might say)

David and Grady jammin' fine


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got this email from David, who, with his wife Molly and girls Lola and Lucy, were here last year. I fell pretty madly in love with the girls (and who wouldn't?).

Hi MJ:
You might not remember me, but we’ve been coming to Culebra for quite a few years, and last year, you posted a picture of our daughters, Lola and Lucy, on your blog.
Anyway, we are coming back! We arrive on February 11, and are leaving on the 21st. I would like to bring my guitar with me, but airline travel is now such a hassle, it is not worth it. So, I was wondering if you knew of anyone who might rent me a guitar for the week (any old 6 string acoustic will be fine). If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.
Looking forward to seeing you by the bridge!
Best wishes,
David

I figure we have enough guitar players around here that something can be worked out. If anyone has some ideas on this, drop me a message and I'll hook you up with David. I'm keeping Lola and Lucy for myself - well, for moments anyway. I forgot until re-reading my post about them that their favorite muffins are ginger carrot...guess I'd best get baking again!

Lucy and Lola

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where's the food, you might ask? Well, have some patience, it's barely light out right now! My tea is just finishing steeping, who can think about food? Plus, it's veggie guy day. I'm hoping to catch him a little early after the blood donation, when a pear or an orange will seem just about perfect. Back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment