Thursday, July 8, 2010

Down by the river

Another one of those...words don't really work here...posts. I wish I could express how the water stars, especially, felt as they appeared out of a streak of gold on the water while the sun was setting. Suddenly there, separate and distinct, not like my camera captured them, but true clear stars of gold, dancing on the current but staying right there - it felt like they would go tumbling down the river, like they could jump off into the air, like I could catch one - hundreds than dozens then only a few until the river went quietly dark with the sun behind the tree line. It was surreal.


























Have a trouble-free Thursday. Do something triumphantly starry.

2 comments:

  1. Finally, a name for them. Water stars. The first time I noted them was sometime in the 80s, on Kentucky Lake. I could pinpoint the date if I knew when "Sailing" by Christopher Cross was a hit. That's what was on the radio as I watched the dazzling lights. I think of the song every time I see them, and think of that aqueous Milky Way whenever I hear the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1979, on his self title debut album! Yikes. Aqueous Milky Way...not bad, Dougie! They are wonderful aren't they?

    ReplyDelete