Saturday, July 24, 2010

On the road again

On the way to Morrill (are you all getting these names down? Good, you can forget this one soon enough, as after the garage sale and FINAL MOVE, we'll be out here no more for overnights - I don't think) we came by this place. Phil says, "Can you read that sign?" I ask for a slow down as it was pretty beat up and then start laughing and begging to stop for photo. I do think it's Numero Uno for great signage of the whole trip so far...and there have been some good ones.

They don't? Shoot!!!

The other, less interesting but more clear side of the sign. 
The Latin is from here in case you feel the need, as I did, to understand it.

If that sign didn't make you laugh, start blowing up the balloons.

We mutally decided with no pans or plates in the house we'd go out to eat and I chose this Mexican place that everyone I know here gave points to for being good. I think they really meant the margaritas were great! at least on a par with Lolita's. and the food was pretty good too. It was about double in price from Lolita's, but I knew that and didn't care much, it was a yen to be satisfied. The best thing I liked about it was it felt Caribbean and I loved that...very relaxing, fun decor with lots of color to perk up the very beautiful but rather monochromatic themes in Maine (with the exception of a few purples and pinks along the way, which always have me craning my neck for more). And enough of a food serving that part of it will be lunch today. Chicken mole...there, are you hungry yet? Apparently this place is only open in the summer season, so hurry up if you want to eat here! Or...just go to Lolita's.





Ok, on to the garage sale! Hope you have a super Saturday and do something spectacular.

4 comments:

  1. "We Don't Rent Pigs" see "Lonesome Dove", Larry McMurtry

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I figured it out but I still don't get it! You can explain it all to me when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... the easiest and best thing to do is to watch this GREAT movie "Lonesome Dove". A mini series, Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones. It is an essential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll see about getting it from Netflix when I'm home. Couldn't get into the books, maybe the movie will be better!

    ReplyDelete