Friday, July 23, 2010

Down by the river...I shot my duckie

To celebrate Susie's birthday yesterday, I took a glass of wine on a walk (it enjoyed every step too) down to the river after I got back from work. Someone else had also decided to celebrate something, as I came upon this sign at the gate. I thought it was romantic and sort of cute so of course I kept going to see what tender moment I could shatter in the complete silence. As it happened,  they were shattering it themselves, moving from rocks where I wanted to be to rocks where they believed the black and delta flies wouldn't eat them up. Perfect! I didn't have to see them, nor they me AND I got my sitting rock! And didn't get fly bit once. That time.

As I raised my glass to toast Susie I noticed a duck flying low to the water and grabbed the camera. The skiddy landing happened too fast for me, but I got a few other shots...




I was so ready for the flight of the duck...and then it happened so fast! How good to not be able to control Nature...too bad Monsanto doesn't believe the same.

This is across the Cross River (finally asked its name - but it's not really a river, even though, as the link says, it looks like a river and it's named a river, with a couple of names...
whatever one calls it, it sure is pretty to sit by and lime!)

This is the quartz in the rock that is next to my sitting rock. At that time of day 
it gets all shiny. I've tried once here in a post to show it, but I think this is better. 
Not quite there yet but close!

That color thing everyone gets
all nutty about? It's staaarrrttteeeddd!

I am going to try to get back to Free Range Friday but it's not that easy with the schedule we're currently keeping around here. Shortly we are off to Morrill to put the finishing touches on a giant garage sale of all sorts of stuff - stuff I'd buy if it was on Culebra  but can convince myself not to ship there (like those Japanese dishes...damn it). Which means no cooking again today - at least I don't think so. Which means I'd have to take photos of any meal that does get done at home and I forget to do that! But I'll try to do better... In the meantime, here is a green bean, tomato and feta recipe I hope we get to use, as we have the beans in the garden, just waiting for picking! It's simple, and it sounds delicious. I'd make it a lot simpler....do as you like! Buen provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment