Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Where am I?

I decided to leave my computer at home when we headed out for Rockland to go to the North Atlantic Blues Festival over the weekend. We had a sort of sunny day that was supposed to be rainy and a rainy day that was supposed to be sunny. And it was cold in that rain too; that in your bones chill, even though the temperature wasn't that low. There were some really great acts on and upcoming, so it was that sit out in the rain for hours with a Hefty bag as a raincoat, cold rain dripping down my neck, fingertips numb sort of cold...sitting and grinning like a happy idjit. Which I did, along with a few hundred other people. And it was good.  Did I mention it was really good music?


Great hat!

Shakura S'Aida  
Shakura S'Aida is one of the sexiest, funniest women I have ever seen perform.
Her voice soars...and her bass player/co-song writer ROCKS!



James Cotton's beautiful hand and harp (one of his harps, anyway)

Keb' Mo'  (one very cool laid back guy - I want to bring him to Culebra)

There were lots (and lots) more photos, but you get the idea.  After it was over, I went to see some old friends (who live in Northport during the summer) for a couple of days. I've mentioned Frank to a few of you; I did a lot of sailing with Frank, along with working first mate to his captain in Spain. We've known each other a long time and now he and his wife Patti  have a place up here, with their dogs Ben and Sadie Mae and Maui the cat. The morning came up glorious with sunrise. Later we took a ride on his boat Owl, an historically rich old lobster boat, now pleasure boat that runs fast and steady on. It's always good to see old friends...and this was no exception.

Ridiculously beautiful view with Owl foreground, Islesboro background


Frank at Point Lookout

We got there on this fun-ness! I was naughty and didn't wear a helmet 
...and am still trying to get the tangles out of my hair. It was worth it.

This is Blackie...the boat cat who traveled many a hundred nautical miles with me and Frank and has traveled many many more with Frank and Patti. He was glad to see me, but I think I was more glad to see him. He can be pretty nonchalant about these things...
Thanks, Frank and Patti for taking such good care of Blackie in his advancing years!

Yes, that's a dolphin (seen from the porch)!!!! I couldn't get the seal photo...too far, too fast

Patti and Frank on Owl

There's a lot more, but I swore I'd get this done and out by 8:00, just in case anyone thinks I've completely bailed. I haven't! Really. But there are some fairly funny photos to come. At least I think so...

Here is a sample...

Have a wonderful Wednesday! Do something winsome.

2 comments:

  1. Phew! It's good to have you back. I can't tell you how important this blog is to my morning routine. Your absence really threw me off. Delighted you're having a good time here in Maine. We were in Rockland for a little while on Sunday - yucky weather for sure. Nice Festival photos. We saw Keb Mo about 5 years ago - so easy to listen to. I am in Boothbay Harbor almost daily now - at St. Andrews. I'd love to meet for lunch - I am wondering though if you're ever actually in Boothbay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the lapse. I was thinking it would only be a couple of days but forgot I was going to my friend's directly from the festival. Oopsy! I really AM in Boothbay sometimes! I'll be there tomorrow in fact, working at the store. I don't take a lunch but would be happy to see you if you can get by there?

    ReplyDelete