Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Culebra...who knows?

Many things happened today, most of them lovely and good and I'll get around to that, most likely tomorrow. But the upshot of the day is...after we'd had all sorts of good things...after people were heading home to dinner and done with the outside part of the day, a call came in. A woman had decided to try to swim from Zoni beach to Cayo Norte. If you are (or aren't) familiar with this channel, it runs hard and fast and you'd have to be one hell of a swimmer to even try it...and that would be a swimmer on a mission for a charity event. It's scary, ok?

So...out went Chris Goldmark , Taz, Bobby, and more that I don't know, along with the Coast Guard. We were probably an hour or more at dinner and by the time we checked back in people were coming in with no good news to report. The CG is still out there. I can't even think about the bad side, and hope she's somewhere safe and will be found in the morning light.

Keep her in your thoughts. I don't have a name. I barely found out who called - it was her boyfriend. I don't know anything more than this, but I'll share what I find out.

Sean and I had a wonderful dinner at Susie's. I had a great afternoon at Dinghy Dock, taking pictures and just spending some time with people I don't usually have time with. My normal mode is - close the cart, if it's very hot, have a drink and a cool down and a chat with Judy at Dinghy Dock, then go home, stay home. This time it was easy and nice to while away time waiting for the sailing crew of Sean et al to hit the dock so I could take Sean to dinner.

And I've not yet included the morning adventure of the Big Overturned Machine in the Middle of the Road. More on that later too...it's late now. But let's start with my walk into town and something I saw on the launch dock.

A fish trap of the old style type...isn't it very good??


You have to look at this a bit to see what's going on - try the click thing - but that's sort of how we all felt at 9 this morning on our ways to hither and yon (which we got to a couple of hours later)


Sail up, underway!

At the helm...aye aye Captain!

3 comments:

  1. Coast Guard found her at Culebrita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete