Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday, no news day

I have no pictures...well, I do have one. It's a bottle of pique I quickly made to share with my daughter out in Portland, Oregon, who is having trouble finding a job. Sell pique! I figured a picture, even if it's not quite the full monty of pique (and it's far from that), was worth a whole lot of explanation, especially at 6 in the morning. She agrees.
I stayed home today with no other excuse than that the morning was icky. It's been icky. I've been wet and cold and open and closed and just decided no - not today; I'll do other things. Of course then it didn't rain and the sun came out but it wasn't until late in the afternoon that it actually became back to beautiful. And hopefully this will maintain. One friend told me that a man who was born and raised here said this weather is like nothing he's ever known.

I'd worked in the gardens, walked down the road and collected chicken coop feeders and waterers, and I'm not exactly sure what else but it was all productive. I'd earned the idea of walking up to Happy Landings to buy a bottle of libations for the evening ahead.

A woman with St. Patrick's Day finery on stopped to pick me up and pretty much insisted on taking me to town for a celebratory drink. She'd been working a lot and was ready to take a brief time out. Hey, it's a holiday...even though I had on nothing close to green, my glasses versus contacts, and really not ready for prime time...sure.

We had a couple of drinks and then she suggested taking me up to a very magical spot where we could have an almost 360 view, close enough and wow enough. Of course, I didn't have my camera but it's a view that will make me go there again and I'll share. On the way home she decided I needed to come by their house and have some tuna her guy had caught in the morning. Well...there are things I say yes to and things I say no to and...yes...I said yes.

A lovely dinner of tuna and asparagus (and a couple of St. Paddy day cookies) later, along with another drink, I was finally homeward bound. Life on Culebra. Pictures in my head, not here, sorry. Life is...yes.

And...heart fond see you next year!! to Dick and Joyce, Marsha and Roger! Time goes way too fast...how does that happen??

No comments:

Post a Comment