Thursday, March 19, 2009

Strange...

Obviously I stole this...because I think it might be right up there with one of the weirder things that have made me laugh online. The original page has a quiz and a bunch of ads...so I took the best and left the rest. As they say. After taking the quiz it appears there is a 78% chance that the CWIM is trying to kill me. Frankly, I think that's a wee bit on the high side. Because I believe, with all of my heart, that if she wanted to kill me, I'd be dead. I never really thought about it before...and now I have to purge this from my brain. The rest of me will still be a little worried. Though lucky me, we don't believe in kitty litter around here.

How to Tell Your Cat is Plotting to Kill You Kneading on you - your cat is checking your internal organs for weaknesses litter

Have I ever mentioned that native Culebrense (as defined from the rest of us who chose to live here) have supernatural powers? I mean, it's other worldly. Stuff that would just go poof to anyone else just...works for born here types. I guess that is why they don't care much about OSHA sorts of things...they assume the rest of us are the same. News flash!!! We're NOT. Here is the latest example.

My little car that broke in the sewer ditch has been sitting in my yard lo these seven or eight months. I cajoled it into a spot to rest, out of the way, until...well, something happened. I finally got a check from the construction company as mentioned before. Not enough to fix the car, but enough to fix my sense of justice. So a couple local folks decided they'd seen my car sit there long enough and said they were going to fix it. Ok. Today they showed up in my yard...with a canister of air (no compressor, it just...worked) they filled the one flat tire. I handed over the key and then realized they weren't planning on towing the car...one was going to drive the car and the other two would follow. I told the (they speak English as well as I speak Spanish...it was entertaining if nothing else) guy planning on driving the car..."You can't drive this car! It won't drive...it's really..." He nodded, yes yes, ok. Then he got in the car, turned it on and drove it away. The last I saw, it was going over the hill, the chase vehicle behind it... I stood in the yard, staring into the setting sun...laughing so hard I was crying. Maybe one day my car will come back. I have no idea where it is. Something happened. Indeed.

I did a lot of transplanting today. My brother sent me a bag of weird seeds and I planted them. Now they are growing and I have no idea what they are. Maybe something recognizable will show up on them one day. Thanks, bro!

I did recognize these orchids though. It's been awhile since the purple ones have bloomed and they are as lovely as ever. Something magical though understandable during yet another day in Paradox.

2 comments:

  1. that was FUNNY! Oh, and it totally looks like I sent pot seeds on here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no, there were no pot seeds (what WAS that hallucinating plant called) There, is that better?

    ReplyDelete