Sunday, March 8, 2009

Oh a Sunday!

I went to bed (and to sleep, two different things, as we know) very early last night...and woke up with the cat about 3 a.m. as if it were really the time to be awake. On autopilot, I fed the cat and then thought, what am I doing??? and promptly crawled back in bed, threw on another blanket and went back to sleep with dream movies galore.

Maybe it's the cold weather but I feel this urge to just stay in bed for a few days. Not reading, Not watching a movie. Not doing anything but sleeping or pretending to be sleeping. As anyone who knows me much will attest to, I don't sleep much and don't mind it. So this is unusual. It also leads me to believe that if I lived in a cold climate, I'd be much akin to the hibernation patterns of bears, tucked into my den for months at a time, waking up skinny and very hungry (hmmm, this sounds like a potential infomercial). My home wear lately is a long underwear shirt, sweat pants and socks. I switch to short sleeved tops and shorts for town because I know it will be warm at the cart, windless spot on earth that it is. But right now the very floor of home is cool! And I'll be creeping into bed soon, books at hand if I last long enough.

In the meantime, it was a very Sunday Sunday. Wonderful visitors at the cart (the very best kind - not a whiner among them...lovely), friends coming by to chat - a couple of them are leaving soon until another season brings them back around. I don't do good bye's - rather, I believe in 'see you later and looking forward to it' because that is what my heart says. Doesn't mean I like it though...

A very imperfect seque, but too bad. I came across this yesterday and liked it a lot. There is no need to explain it, or at least on my part I feel no need. The artist, Banksy, has come on to my radar many times over the years, to my great enjoyment. I hope you look into his work, just because he has a way of catching life out of the corner of your mind that is a good jump start to a grin or a thought or a concept unexpected or so familiar you want to call him up and say, me too!

The wind has caused some slight damages to my gardens, with nothing that can't be propped up or cleaned up to former glory, luckily. The orchids continue to go all bloomy, seemingly happy with this cool and windy air, salt laden as happens to be the case in my yard. Once again the whites, with the purples not far behind. The large one remains stubborn, pushing out greenery but no buds. Will it be another 5 years?? If so, it is worth waiting for. As all good things are.

Early though it might be, bed and blanket call. The tea is steeped, the book awaits and I'll pretend I'll sleep the whole night and into tomorrow past sunrise.

Ah, Sunday. Hope your own has been full of peace and joy.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes...the tail curling to the right rather than the left...no doubt that threw off a few since, as everyone knows, the seque is a computer language "Seque: A Programming Language for Manipulating Sequences", R.E. Griswold et al, Comp Langs 13(1):13-22 (1988)"

    Therefore, an imperfect seque could really mess things up manipulating sequences badly, whereas an imperfect segue can simply be seen as a bit of language bumbling.

    Thank you for the correction.

    ReplyDelete