Saturday, March 7, 2009

Onward

The sun kept shining, the wind kept blowing and the rain went some other place. leaving a subtle rainbow to mark its passing. A pretty glorious day really, the wind continuous,though some people I know are getting tired of the wind. But in my world, as long as there is sun, I like the wind...it can easily be, at any given time, 10 degrees or more hotter at the cart than 20 feet to either side of me...so sun and wind? Yes! Right now, at dusk (I've written this on and off all afternoon), it is getting cold and the wind dramatically increasing. I like it.

But that is just about me. Friends who do other things that are dependant on a more calm day kept hoping this weather system would move along. Well, they can hope until around Monday...when winds should abate. Of course, with the Culebra Regatta coming up, wind would be a good thing! Well, maybe not quite this much wind....

I'm sorry if you don't care for pelicans - but blogs are for addictive sorts like me and one of my addictions is that gawky, perfectly unbalanced bird. And...of course, for my gardens. Here is another bit of both. I don't do this because there is nothing else to blog about...I do it because this really is my Culebra. The awfulness of those trying to rape her, the shaking head-ness of those who don't respect her power (as in trying to swim to Cayo Norte at 4 in the afternoon, regardless of your ability), the laughing heart of a horse tied to a bumper with a truck slowly going down the road and another 1000 stories. But for right now, while the wind keeps roaring through the trees and over the water....here is what my passions encompass at the moment.







and one last added...it's close to dark now and I went into the yard looking up...and there was a sort of squashy bella luna...she'll be full on the 10th, which seems to be a day a lot of things are going on, hmmmm. Keep your eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment