Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Elijah!




How did my youngest child catch up with my age? One of life's mysteries! But this morning it happened and I can only stand back and say...cool!






I was looking for headline's for 1979 and then music...no wonder I was busy having another child and playing in gardens and at the beach...what a standout for music I didn't like year it was!

1979's Greatest Hits
1. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
2. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
3. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
4. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
5. Old Time Rock and Roll - Bob Seger
6. Hot Stuff/Bad Girls - Donna Summer
7. Good Times - Chic
8. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
9. Aint No Stoppin Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead
10. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
11. Born To Be Alive - Patrick Hernadez
12. My Sharona - the Knack
13. Heart Of Glass - Blondie
14. Knock On Wood - Amii Stewart
15. After The Love Has Gone - Earth, Wind and Fire
16. Shake Your Body Down To The Ground - Jacksons
17. The Rainbow Connection - Kermit (the Frog)
18. Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' - Journey
19. The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels Band
20. One Way or Another - Blondie
21. Ooh Baby Baby - Linda Ronstadt
22. Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? - Rod Stewart
23. Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind and Fire
24. Love Ballad - George Benson
25. Rise - Herb Alpert
26. In The Navy - Village People
27. Ring My Bell - Anita Ward
28. Got To Be Real - Cheyl Lynn
29. Shake Your Goove Thing - Peaches and Herb
30. Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp
31. We've Got Tonight - Bob Seger
32. Babe - Styx
33. Fins - Jimmy Buffett
34. You Decorated My Life - Kenny Rogers
35. Sultans Of Swing - Dire Straites
36. Disco Nights (Rock Freak) - G.Q.
37. Heatache Tonight - Eagles
38. She Believes In Me - Kenny Rogers
39. Video Killed The Radio Star - the Buggles
40. Pop Muzic - M
41. Hold The Line - Toto
42. H.A.P.P.Y. Radio - Edwin Starr
43. Crazy Love - Allman Brothers Band
44. Highway To Hell - AC/DC
45. Street Life - Crusaders
46. Don't Bring Me Down - ELO
47. My Life - Billy Joel
48. You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth - Meatloaf
49. Roxanne - Police
50. Good Girls Don't - the Knack
51. Honesty - Billy Joel
52. Take Me To The River - Talking Heads
53. At Midnight - T-Connection
54. Good Times Roll - The Cars
55. I Go To Rio - Pablo Cruise
56. Boom Boom (Out Go The Lights) - Pat Travers Band
57. Livin It Up (Friday Night) - Bell & James
58. Contact - Edwin Starr
59. Rubber Biscuit - Blues Brothers
60 Message In A Bottle - The Police
61. There But For The Grace Of God Go I - Machine
62. Heaven Must Have Sent You - Bonnie Pointer
63. Life During Wartime - Talking Heads
64. Soul Man - Blues Brothers
65. Voulez-Vous - Abba
66. I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
67. The Logical Song - Supertramp
68. Rust Never Sleeps (Into The Black) - Neil Young
69. Lay It On The Line - Triumph
70. Cruel To Be Kind - Nick Lowe
71. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
72. I Do The Rock - Tim Curry
73. Hey, St. Peter - Flash and The Pan
74. What A Fool Believes - Doobie Brothers
75. Makin It - David Naughton

But there is one I still like...and it works for today. This is the live 1979 version...which pretty much says it all.

6 comments:

  1. You'll probably edit this out too,
    but I think #5 & #31 stand out from
    all the others on that list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know MJ, I think there are a few worthy classics on that list!!

    Beachbound (See you soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I only edit out stuff I don't like.

    I LIKE Bob Seger! I do NOT like YMCA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...there ARE some worthy classics.. For some reason my eyes only lit on the ones I heard in the roller skating rink...but on closer inspection (and a lot more wide awake)...I sit corrected by the two of you!! Mea culpa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I whole-heartedly agree with you on the roller rink reference. Any song that stirs those memories definitely DOESN'T fall into the worth remembering category!

    Beachbound

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bb - you do make me grin! What a mix of music though, once I really looked, after the Bob Seger flash check up that made me stop and really LOOK. I still think it was a weird couple decades of music but the good ones stayed steady.

    Music...amazing. Memory experts say that smell is a very powerful stimulus for memory, and next, music. So if you smell patchouli and hear a Beatles / Rolling Stone / Grateful Dead song...and it brings back your time with the "guy behind the motorcycle jacket" (that was for Richard and Linda) you'll most likely agree.

    ReplyDelete