Saturday, February 26, 2011

Timing really is everything

Remember those beautiful orchids from this morning? Good thing I took a photo of them as they were eaten while I was gone...wahhhhhhh! They usually last days and days but I forgot (translate hoped, like a fool, that the iguanas wouldn't find them). Well, there are two more buds...and I've moved the plant. We shall see what we shall see, shan't we?

But first, what we shall see is Lola and Lucy, enjoying their Treat of the Day Dos...tomorrow they will fly away and I am looking forward to seeing them again next year, same time, same place. Do svidaniya, dearhearts! And Molly and David? It was wonderful seeing you again! Culebra is a better place (and with continued working with Coralations, the children and Mary Ann will only grow more) because you all come here.


Onward!! These photos are from the artist formally and presently known as Ana Raquel Cortes and her showing at Paradise Gift Shop. Ann and company did a beautiful job setting up the space. There was a lot of nibble food and plenty of wine, with Raquel's grandson Mikey manning the wine table (how did he get old enough to do that?). Everything looked wonderful! Good job, y'all!

Only in the last few years has Raquel put paint to surface. Her imagination and presentation is so unique and vivid, I'm not surprised that it looked like half the show was sold when I left while the party was still growing in numbers and going strong. Which isn't usually my departure point, but I had a date with my pillow that had to be kept.


Helena, putting to use her knitting lessons from Betz.

Art appreciation. Yes, I know.



John, Lisa and Mom the Artist
Worth a closer look...this was one of my favorites, with sea glass
Pointillist...is that what this would be called? Whatever it is called, I liked them!

Mikey looking quite professional!



Ana Raquel Cortes - Artist in Paradise!

 If you are interested in more of Raquel's work, I've no doubt Ann at Paradise Gift Shop can steer you in the right direction.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday! If you haven't already, start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment