Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello, February 2011! Culebra style

February 1 is … Serpent Day - that's today!

So we get started right, I went directly to the calendar for February (that's FebRUary, let's start off really right). This month holds a lot of really great holidays. Consider today, Serpent Day. We all know Culebra means serpent / snake, so today is obviously CULEBRA DAY!!! Now you know. And if you celebrate correctly, you will probably need tomorrow's Purification Day, which is best held at a beach on Culebra.


February 2 is … Purification Day
February 3 is … Cordova Ice Worm Day
February 4 is … Create A Vacuum Day
February 5 is … Disaster Day
February 6 is … Lame Duck Day
February 7 is … Charles Dickens Day

February 8 is … Kite Flying Day - I'm in! I love kite flying!

This is a great place to fly a kite!
February 9 is … Toothache Day
February 10 is … Umbrella Day

February 11 is … White Tee-Shirt Day and Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day  - Good thing these two days are together. Unless you are drinking chocolate milk.

February 12 is … National Plum Pudding Day
February 13 is … Get A Different Name Day and Dream Your Sweet Day

February 14 is … Ferris Wheel Day and National Heart to Heart Day

This may be the only calendar in the English language that does not call February 14th Valentine's Day, but rather, Heart to Heart Day. You have to love this! Especially since it is Ferris Wheel Day also. What is Ferris Wheel Day, you are asking? Because I know you are wondering, I've done some of the hard work for you, because that's just the kind of person I am. This is the day that honors Mr. Ferris, the man who invented the Ferris Wheel. What? You didn't know there WAS a Mr. Ferris? Here is all (and more) the information about him you could want. As for Heart to Heart Day, you can work that out on your own.

February 15 is … National Gum Drop Day

February 16 is … Do A Grouch A Favor Day - I'll try...unless I'm the grouch

February 17 is … Champion Crab Races Day - I love crab races. But I'd have to go to St. Croix for them. Maybe I'll do that. Next year. Maybe. If you've never seen a crab race, here is how Tito and Sue on St. Croix run them.

February 18 is … National Battery Day
February 19 is … National Chocolate Mint Day

February 20 is … Hoodie Hoo Day More Info on Hoodie Hoo Day

Anyone who knows me knows that Hoodie Hoo Day holds a big place in my life calendar. If you want to know more about it, you can go to my post on it last year. That post also mentions two little girls I'm very fond of, Lola and Lucy, who will actually be here for Hoodie Hoo Day again this year! Which means I'll be baking some Treats of the Day for them, and for you too, if you get there before they all sell out.

February 21 is … Card Reading Day

February 22 is … Be Humble Day - This is also my friend Tim's birthday, and he is one of the most humble guys I know; truth. I'll be really GREAT at at celebrating this day, because I am. Humble, I mean. Really.

February 23 is … International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day

February 24 is … National Tortilla Chip Day note to self: This must mean nachos at Mamacita's

View from Mamacita's, where I just had nachos yesterday. YUM!
February 25 is … Pistol Patent Day (Samuel Colt)
February 26 is … National Pistachio Day
February 27 is … International Polar Bear Day
February 28 is … Public Sleeping Day

February 29 is … National Surf and Turf Day Actually, this year there is no February 29th, so if you want to celebrate Surf and Turf Day, you're on your own

On the way to the bank, I noticed that Benjamin had finished a new wall painting...

Do you remember what was there before? 
 And that's about all I know for now, this first day of February, 2011.

Have a tender Tuesday. Do something touching.

2 comments:

  1. Where does Kite Flying meet Culebra meet February 14th? Right here on this video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RffleXwJjsI

    Taken on Feb. 14th, not completely sure of the year, but completely sure that it was the birthday of the 2 people you see. Feel free to censor this, but knew you'd laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I remember this video! No censoring here, we all have bums! But I will warn for the easily offended (if anyone like that reads this blog, you should know better!), this IS naked kite flying on the beach!

    ReplyDelete