Monday, March 21, 2011

Beware the island time Ides of March

Yesterday was pretty cloudy and rain spitty around here, so I stayed home instead of going to the cart. An unexpected day off, where staying inside (albeit with door and windows open) seemed a treat to be enjoyed. And it was, until, in my on-going serial Spring Cleaning event, I somehow, for the first time in the many years it's been up there, knocked a rather heavy skillet off its nail. Gravity being the law and me being right below it, my face was all that interrupted its swift journey to the floor. After being sure it had not broken my nose, I was grateful that it was really pretty superficial (as I once broke my jaw catching a fly ball in a softball game, I'm a little leery of objects with velocity touching my face) All this to say, if you notice that it looks like I went a round with someone with a sharp ring on a few fingers, I didn't. Really.

Though today's radar shows bits of rain scattered about, right now it is sunny and much warmer than it was all day yesterday. Or at least, that's what it feels like from here!

Last night I thought I'd see if I could find a good vantage point to catch the moonrise and ended up walking up and down hills of various sizes and views for what seemed a long, long time. The moon skipped the 'hour a night later' rule and was holding back until two hours after yesterday's moonrise. Don't ask me why, all I know is I'd given up and was home when I noticed it just over my own home hills. So what you see is what I got (well, more or less, Nancy W)!





I like my yard. Walks of a couple miles for nothing make it look even better!

Have a magnificent Monday. Do something major.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like your moon had the same veilly surrounding circle that mine had. I thought it was just our local Vermont atmosphere. Hmm. It did come up much later last night than the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as you know, Vermont and Culebra have quite a bit in common...and some weird atmospheric thing seems perfectly normal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there's not a large imprint of LODGE across your face...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If one must be branded, that would be the best! However, it isn't so bad. Jeff, who reads the blog, came by and said it was only...not so bad. By the time I see you again, I'll be perfectly me again, normalo!

    ReplyDelete