Thursday, March 3, 2011

Some Things Happen Along the Way

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words 
but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

That's what I think too, Winnie. Proof is all around us. Plus, I had a really excellent lunch yesterday.

Yesterday, in fact, sort of summed up the rich simplicity of my life, for the most part (the other parts are other parts). 'Work hard, play nice, oh oh oh life is beautiful' Do I need a bumper sticker?

Another beautiful boat in our harbour
Uneaten orchids
Wanderbird heading somewhere beautiful


Last night all the power went out over the entire island. The sky was clear and the stars were on fire, wheeling across the sky.  The few constellations I know were front and present and I thought how not so long ago, this is how it was every night. Everywhere.

The only noise I heard was a huge generator, but it sounded less motor like and more like it was sucking the air out of the world. My neighbor was in front of her house and I asked her what the noise was. She said it was the power plant, that it had to go on because a man had a boy with special needs. I thought about that and the sound disturbing the night turned from annoying to wonderful. Different perspectives are a good thing to pursue.

It's the little things that make the difference.

Have a tempestive Thursday. Do something topophilic.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you sent me to the dictionary. It was always there; now it has a name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling here. Glad you went when sent. (also testing to see if this works..seems like it is)

    ReplyDelete