Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beautiful

Baking all night, I watched the Moon and Mars cross the night sky from the East to the West, even into the earliest dawning. I only got one photo though (what was I thinking? I wasn't). By morning, Mars was on the 'other' side of the Moon...

Of course, I didn't bring out the tripod and there is some shaky stuff going on here, but if you didn't get out to see it...

I'm still baking and getting ready for the day, so I thought I'd let someone else do some work for me here. This is a great tool for understanding more of what you are looking at when you are outside at night, or if you live in a place with a lot of light pollution and still want to know what's up there as we swirl in our celestial dance. If you don't have Google Earth, it's very simple to download. This video was made in 2007, so no doubt there are improvements to the program. Enjoy!

Have see-lestial Saturday! Do something with starlight in your eyes.

2 comments:

  1. I just saw Lestial! Over there! Look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the time you wrote your comment, Mark, you just might have!

    ReplyDelete