Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Culebra, Land, Sea, Sky

Over the time I was offline, we had a fabulous treat in the full moon, both before it actually occured, during and after the event. The planets have been blazing, and the stars tumbling light.

While here on terra firma, life has quieted down since the rousing holiday season has come to a close. Shhhh, we're briefly resting. Ok, I'm briefly resting.

This was the late afternoon one night before the full moon. Looks pretty full to me!

I only know two other people with pink boats and they are both from St. Thomas. Here's to you, Kristi and Tim. How'd they get it so pearly?

And now for the show. I was on the phone with my brother when I looked out my window and saw the moon climbing to the top of the hill. "Gotta go, gotta go, the moon, the moon!" My brother is used to things like that and just said....'bye'.

Perfect balance. I'm giving it a 10.

Ok, cat, I'm off the dock now, you can come back in now. Yes, there's food for you.

Walt is making some really cool things with palm fronds. He gifted me with this grasshopper that at first glance, I thought was real. I'm glad it isn't; smaller is better where grasshoppers (and other leaping bug things) are concerned.

One minute it was like this

And then it was like this

We played pictures with the clouds, this was the Lady in a Cape cloud.

I kept thinking I was leaving Dinghy Dock but Neil would call out, MJ! You ought to see it now, the moon is coming out any second! He knows I'm such a sucker for things moony.

The moon did come out, but not until I really was on my way home. And stayed out once I got home.



From the Farmer's Almanac:

Full Wolf Moon – January Amid the cold and deep snows of midwinter, the wolf packs howled hungrily outside Indian villages. Thus, the name for January’s full Moon. Sometimes it was also referred to as the Old Moon, or the Moon After Yule. Some called it the Full Snow Moon, but most tribes applied that name to the next Moon.


We don't have cold and snow (but up in the mountains of the big island, temperatures of 61 are being reported and that's cold!), but I do believe I heard some howling going on...

Have a wending Wednesday. Do something (not) wasteful.

2 comments:

  1. As you probably already know, I like taking pictures of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do know. How can we not?? ;)

    ReplyDelete