Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday at the Movies

This is what you do when you don't do much of anything else. I was on my way to take (yet more) bird photos and there was this fellow. We had a  Culebra stand off for awhile as he wanted the dock. The whole dock. If you'll notice, he'd certainly marked it right away. He won.

 Don't miss the tongue.


Just in case you missed the tongue
When Walt called me yesterday afternoon, I felt like a prisoner suddenly given town privileges. Of course, I was keeping myself prisoner, hoping to not give anyone else this creeping crud, but he made me an offer I could not refuse. David and Grady were going to be playing at Dinghy Dock, did I want to go? Of course I did! David and his wife Linda, two people high on my 'I'm so glad you are back for a few weeks!' list, are here and I'd only gotten a glimpse of David - at a safe distance - and Linda as well.

So, i went. And it was great! There were lots of people there, one I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Holmes came here to learn to sail; he was determined to go to Brazil. Sean taught him some basics, on a trip we took to Vieques, and soon after, he was gone. He is back, with a beautiful Brazilian wife! I'm still a little leery of my passing along bad bits, so we set up a time to get together and swap some stories.... Culebra is tiny, but loaded with heart treasures
...and my heart soared like an eagle.


Doug, looking half casual corporate and half Peter Pan. 
The beer bottle was added (I was told) to get perspective on how big this 'dinghy' is. 20 feet long and a grand story too (but I didn't hear all of the story so, next time).
I forget what Neil told me this is called, but it is beer on the bottom and voodoo juice on top.
Yes, that does say, Coca Herbal Liqueur. From Amsterdam. No, I didn't taste it.  But I will.
Thank you, Walt!!!! 


Mikey and Mikey
Neil, making beautiful smiles and good rhythm 


Have a heart singing Sunday! Do something schwingin'.

2 comments:

  1. 'em boys kin PICK.

    Get well, and coincidently, we're headed to a Branford Marsalis/Joey Caldarazo concert this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have loved it! Sounds like a way big fun time for you tonight...I'm headed for a Sunday Funday out on the reef, the music boys will be on hand as well. Not Marsalis, but not bad! Get some illegal video!

    ReplyDelete