Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Party is Over, the New Year is Real

Today is the day of the Iowa caucus. While many in the GOP party remain undecided (personally I think it might be more like "Isn't there anyone else? ANYone else?), the candidates themselves seem to be backing up in full hotfoot mode. Check out the article.

While here on Culebra, we're just coming back to life after a long stretch of parties and celebrations and getting back to whatever it is we do when we're not partying and celebrating. With the random party and celebration interruptions, of course.

How you know the party is really over (until Three Kings Day)

Down the street from me, this family always decorates for the holidays. Soft drink bottles become flowers. Trash becomes mobiles. There are sequined hearts and lots of other shiny things. Whenever I stop to look, one of the people living there always says, "It's beautiful, yes?" And I say, yes! I finally had my camera along. This will stay up until it falls down and I'll see something I didn't see every time I go by. I love stuff like this; don't ask me why, I just do.


Sorry, but my obsession with this view hasn't ended. This hill was brush covered for so long, you couldn't see anything but...well, brush. And this horse just has such a presence. Along with the Little Wanderer, who has discovered that the daily changed water tastes better than out of my sometimes-has-a-lizard-floating-in-it rain barrel that I use to water plants.


Today, my sister Francie would be  61, which is unfathomable to me as we lost her when she was 35. Weirdly, because there aren't two more different women in the world, my friend Francie and my sister Francie both have and had a deep love of the color purple. This morning, the first thing I saw outside was this view. Happy birthday, Francie, I miss you every day.


Have a total Tuesday! Do something tenaciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment