Friday, January 13, 2012

Hush, Peli's, I'm Trying To Sleep Here

If it isn't the cat wanting early breakfast ('is she ever getting out of bed?' pat pat 'maybe a little bit of claw will help' pat/claw 'oh good, she's moving, wait! she's just turning over and pulling the blanket up! I can take care of that' rip claw blanket 'ok, she's up) it's the pelicans dive bombing for their own breakfast. Luckily, I have nothing they want.




What got me past the door this morning.



I know this one is a little strange, but I like it anyway



My favorite of the morning



I'm still coughing and sneezing my way to health but life is better today than yesterday. At least in my small piece of the island. As for the ferries, it's much worse, though I did hear that one friend actually got back and forth from the big island in reasonable time yesterday. I'm not sure what's happening this morning as far as delivery trucks (food, the veggie guy), but hopefully the cargo ferry came in. It's pretty crazy right now is all I know. I'm sure I'll hear more later as the day goes on and maybe it will be good news. Let's see what happens next.

This is supposed to be Free Range Friday. I actually made a huge pot of soup from a Thanksgiving turkey carcass that was in the freezer. It wasn't chicken soup, but it was/is good. I didn't take any photos though. Just getting up was the big effort of the day. One thing I put in it, beside a LOT of garlic (beyond the potatoes and onions and some purple cabbage, which isn't something I usually put in that soup but it was here and it seemed healthy) was some ginger. The ginger that was left from making the tea, yes, that ginger. I'd not done that before and it lent a really nice flavor to the whole, a harmony note.
Try it sometime if you haven't already.

Have a fullsome Friday. Do something freeing.

2 comments:

  1. My parents had a cat that would sit on your chest, put one paw on your forehead and push

    Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat that lets me live with her is not that subtle. Her most subtle move is to bang her forehead into the side of my face. Of course, I'm not much on subtly either...

    Re the photos, thanks!

    ReplyDelete