Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ugga Mugga

For the first time in years, I have a cold and sore throat. Of course, that was a great excuse to spend the day playing with *drum roll please* the new computer! Oh yeah, I'm having some fun here. Speed? Almost breakneck. Clarity? Crystal, luminous, shining, inside or outside. Cute tricks? It's got 'em. Can it cure a cold? No.

On a walk to purchase things semi-medicinal I took along my camera, because I wasn't getting out of bed again. A short walk, but fun.


Hello, sweet ones.
This egret just wasn't quite sure what I was going to do. It only took a minute, then it was hustle time.



Ok,  I'm truckin' now
I'm outta' here, human!
The holiday decorations are looking a bit worse for wear
If you wondered how calabash grow...
If you wondered how Coors signs grow...
No, I'm not going to say that.
I just liked the colors, so there!
Because it is good and good for you, especially if you have a head full of gook (she said "Gook" Mommy!) and since David reminded me of it, thanks!, here is a recipe for ginger tea. One thing we almost always have available on Culebra is ginger, and I usually have some in my fridge for various uses. I forgot how good this is, and sooooo simple! Even if you can't taste it, the spicy tingle feels wonderful on a raw throat. I brought it to a boil and then simmered it for 15 minutes or so. Yum!

Have a trouble-free Thursday! Do something tolerant.

4 comments:

  1. Is the title pronounced Ugga Mugga or OOOOga Moooooga? Just wondering.
    That is one giant christmas tree ball.
    Dang it! I still don't know where coconuts come from, I was thinking I'd find out today but you decided not to say it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugga, rhyming with mugga ;) I'll see what I can do about your coconut origin quandary. Oh the mysteries of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget about that large Netti Pot you pointed out to me at Zoni! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug, haven't forgotten, thanks! Better soon, I can already almost breathe through my nose again, ain't life grand?

    ReplyDelete