Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Morning, Because it Is


How we know it is winter here
I think this will be my last day of being on the down side of the upside. Cabin fever has set in hard. Well, it set a few days ago, but has now reached a point that even I don't want to be around me. Weirdly, the cat seems to gravitate to this sluggish, vibrating energy. I don't know why. I do know I now know more about her daily habits and I'm astonished she sleeps so much. I went through some extreme jealousy about that until I twigged onto the glories of Tylenol PM, vodka in my herbal tea and boring myself into a sort of glazed, drooling comatose state, only interrupted by the occasional coughing fit. Or phone call. Thank you, people who have called me right as I was in the deepest part of my REM sleep, for being patient with my disorientation, which has been worse than normal.

The reason I know it's time to be healthy again is because sometime in the early morning hours, I had this dream. I had a tub (first sign that it was a dream) and there was this tarantula crawling on the side of it. I chose not to panic, and luckily I happened to have a fly swatter in my hand. But at my first swipe, the tarantula fell into the tub, into the sort of cloudy soapy water. So I stepped into the tub, clearly thinking, "This will be easy! I'll just get the fly swatter under the tarantula and flip it out of the tub and then it can get away or I can smash it into smithereens, although I don't think they smash that way. I tried to get the swatter underneath it but it crawled up the flat part and then started crawling up the handle, which was, naturally, in my hand. Then I panicked and threw the swatter and leaped out of the tub, waking in mid-air as I was throwing myself out of my higher than a regular bed and waking completely when I thudded onto the floor. Incredibly, and I give all the credit to Tylenol PM and vodka herbal tea, I got back in bed and went back to sleep. There is no bruising.

Water Stars under Peli Wings
The cat is seriously pissed because I haven't been out to get her favorite wet cat food. I tell her, look at all these chickens!! She doesn't care for chicken, unless it is cooked and shredded and hardly even then. I am so trained. Obviously, she is not starving and just likes giving me a hard time.
I've watered the flora and watched the fauna. My dishes are done. The counters are clean. I swept the floor. I'm coughing again. But it's the good cough, disgusting, but good. I believe it's called a 'productive' cough. That's all I know, back in bed.

What happened when I was watering. It felt like a cathedral.

Have a non-tumbling Tuesday! Do something with traction.

6 comments:

  1. Need "traction" around here MJ, lots of snow blowing around, ice underneath from what melted away yesterday...good day to stay home I think! :)I am glad to hear you are close to your old self again! Have a great day! Laurie in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeow, definitely sounds like a very good day to stay home! Cuddled up and toasty with a good book/movie. And tea. Lots of...oh wait, that's me. You too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so my mama... It's been snowing and raining and I caught a cold...I did not catch the winning megabucks numbers....again...I had to wait in the sleet for two busses yesterday with prompted my sniffle into illness I think....let me know If you got your present

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been to town for a week, I'll get in today, I think. Tea. Mushed potato. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recommend steaming in the hot sun on the beach. Then get in the sea.

    ReplyDelete