Sunday, January 1, 2012

Culebra Brings in 2012!

Oh what a night! Another great New Year's Eve party! The family was dressed and out and ready to party! I went home early. Because 2 a.m. is early, right?

When I got home, I thought I'd check emails and as I was doing that, my daughter in Portland called to wish me a Happy New Year, even though she was still in 2011. The computer started and gave me the blinking ? mark, which for a mac person means, "Good-bye computer, it was nice knowing you." I told my daughter, very calmly, and she said, "Mom, that computer is something that should be in the mac hall of fame, it's gone way beyond what it should have and you're getting a new one! Let it go." So I unplugged it and set it aside, thinking, bummer to not be able to post about the night, oh well. But of course, this morning, I couldn't resist, and it came back to life AGAIN! Must have been the black-eyed peas and 12 grapes we ate earlier in the night...

So here's a bit of our party!

Sitting on the stoop waiting to skype with English Karen (and we did! though the connection was bad, Happy New Year Karen, Paul and crew!) Carmen stopped by looking beautiful and blinged!

Blue at the Spot street version

Annabelle and Nestor New Year's Evein' it

Happy New Year, Jose!

Feather girls

Zulema, Steve and Kai

Chris paying homage to a special guest

Calixto looking dapper...again!

Dancing the night away

Uh....

Francie and Dee

Dee's daughter, baby to be, son and fiance

Happy lads

'bout time somebody gave her a whirl

I love you guys!

The Queen

Poor shoe...and this was pretty early in the night

Where's your grin, dude??

Chris back with his real girl, Arlene

Kathy looking beautifully draped (ok, that's not what she said but I'm not writing that)

Somebody's gotta be short and not blonde!

I love this photo of Bonnie and Sam, looking at their children

Jake's back! Need I say more?

Chiquitin, Francie and John...the night was getting near the end

Doug and Cathy, calling it a night...so good to have you here!

Terrible photo but an idea of the other side of the plaza

And the band played on

Line dancing!

It was starting to feel like this

Juan wanted his photo to look just like this

Last stop, the Wiki party!
And then it was time to go home. Now it's time to go to the water and drive out the last of the muzzies. There is a video coming if the computer is still alive when I get back.

Have a send-in-the-joy Sunday! Do something serene.

4 comments:

  1. Love you too ... it was far too brief an encounter last night but judging by the photos .. you was busy! :-0 Frankie D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me be busy, that what I do;) Hope to see you all before you're gone. Happy New Year, dear you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I love that Medalla beer. I miss it so much! Too bad we can't get it in Texas! Looks like NYE on the island is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is a great party, and unique in many ways, all of them good! C'mon back and get your Medalla!

    ReplyDelete