Friday, January 20, 2012

Hmmmm...

So, there I was, enjoying the pleasures of new electronics, watching a movie (rare pleasure, on my old computer, it was more torture than pleasure because of the slowness) while in my sick-bed, me sick, not the bed, when dink! The movie quit moving. I finally realized that all the lights on the modem had gone out and so, insto presto, that was that. The guy at Claro finally admitted the modem was dead. Good bye, faithful servant!

The new computer does not have a place for a something as quaint as a phone cord jack (mac giveth, mac taketh away), so lucky for me! the old girl in white does and decided after a few attempts to boot up with dial up! Which is about as vintage as this mac is, but hey, it WORKS! Sometimes.

Point being, of course, that all the new photos on the new computer would take, and I mean this, approximately five years to load onto and then upload to this computer. Now, I've got five years, having spent approximately 10 years already in bed with the creeping crud, but do you?? I think not!

I'll be back when the powers that be get the new modem here, hopefully in the next few days.

I have to tell you, while I have been down, the weather has been up up up. It is cool, it is breathy breezy. It is almost heart hurtingly, deliciously beautiful. The water sparkles, the hummer is outside my window right now, sipping nectar, pelis are diving like mad. The air is as close to crisp as we get and it makes the sun feel so good, silky on the skin instead of just hot. You might think it's a hassle to get here right now, the ferry situation is ridiculous, and you might have to wait for a plane, but people ARE getting here and if winter right now is kicking your butt, or you just need a soul break, this is the time. Of course, I always think it is the time to be here...well almost.

In the meantime, I'm thinking about doing an exorcism on my casita. I don't know what the Spanish equivalent is, but if I were back in the VI's, I'd say the mocko jumbies are having quite a laugh at my expense. If I were Native American, the Trickster would be howling with glee. You get the idea. I'm not sure exactly what is needed, but I think I'll try a few things and hope for the better. My troubles are so little compared to Real Troubles, and I try to keep that in perspective. But if you happen to arrive on the day I'm all healthy again and the modem is here and things have rocked back into place? You might just turn your head if you see me running down the road dancing intermittently while laughing somewhat hysterically. That's just me being happy.

Sorry for the length of this. It's the only way I can talk and not cough, and we do know I like to cou talk. Sorry no Free Range Friday as well. And no bread. And no photos, since the upload time, oh I said that. Aiiiieeeee!

Have a fabulous Friday. Do something fitting.

3 comments:

  1. You have a free-from-fever Friday and do something functionally freshifying. Be kind to your pulmonary ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! You do seem to have a computer black cloud hanging over you. Exorcise that cold, and exorcise the computer monster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird too, is that dead things keep coming back to life! This time, it's the modem. Very odd.

    ReplyDelete