Friday, February 3, 2012

Culebra Cat and Sticks

When I'm baking bread, I get pretty focused, narrow minded, task driven, thought rutted (are you getting the idea?). What's worse, I think I put some Hearty Grain grains on some rye bread. Where is the ginkgo biloba now? I forget. But the upshot is, I'm not tracking on the blog at the moment, so what you see is what you get (and you rye bread people? Be kind).

 The cat, about an hour after my return from San Juan. First she had to act like she was starving to death - the belly lies, human! - and bat me around a couple of times before she deigned to eat her food. Then it was okay to go back to sleep. 

Of course, just as a bread batch was ready to come out, 
I looked out the window and had to be in this light. 
No, the bread didn't burn. 
And neither did the sky; it's turning blue as I type.

Have you ever noticed that the notion of 'catching up' is just a little game we play in our minds? There is no such thing. Not in chores or sleep or saying I love you. So make sure you do as much as you can when you can. The rest will just have to take care of itself somehow. Amazingly, it usually does.

For Free Range Friday I was going to do something wonderful with some beef a friend left for me from a cow they butchered. But I didn't. I'll try to do it this week for next Friday. Operative word is 'do' (thought I was going to say 'try' didn't you?). What I'd really like to make is a batch of Jamaican beef patties, I've had a hankering for them for awhile now. Well, I'd really like to eat some anyway. 

I watched a wonderful movie the other day (thanks more, Sarah, for the Netflix streaming thing!) called 180 degrees South, except they used the degree symbol and I'm just not going to find it right now. It is well worth watching if you haven't seen it already. Being not a big watcher of movies, I'm finding this entertainment pretty fascinating. I have a year to catch up on all those movies I heard about that sounded interesting...if I could remember what they were. Ah well, Netflix will tell me what I like ~ they know everything about me, apparently...as does every other intuitive facet of my online life. Oh, yours too.


Have a finally Friday! Do something far-reaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment