Sunday, February 12, 2012

What I Missed on Culebra Yesterday

Yesterday, showered, dressed and geared up to attend the AWC auction in the afternoon and the (thank you, Bill Kunke, for getting the information to me!) Victor 'Cucita' Felix Munet celebration, I went from feeling great to feeling like...erm, staying home. Some belly bug that lasted the day and night. Could we rewind, please?? I feel great now! Oh, we can't. Sigh.

I doubt not that a great time was had by all at both events. Here is a link to Bill's site, with some photos from last night. For some photos from the auction, you can go here!

Across the street from me, a party was going on, so I got a little taste of music and laughter. For the most part, it was yard walkabouts, in the strange weather day of bright sun, heavy cloud, deep smell and almost taste of rain, but no rain.


 Strangest weather moment, still and so pre-rain senses sharp, but no rain

 She Who Owns Every Possible Perching/Watching Spot (especially temporary ones)

 A banana quit's nest in an old orchid holder - she flew out right as I clicked. Good Mama.

 Bi-colored bougainvillea 


 The very best year so far for my 10 years ago planted mango tree!

Technically, each of those red bits are baby mangoes. We'll see what happens.

Sunday morning. So far, two horses have galloped though my yard twice. I hear salsa music on the wind and wavelets on the little shore outside my window. A far off rooster crowing. And a lot of quiet. Bliss. Culebra bliss.

Have an aurally sensual Sunday. Do something that notes the subliminal.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your blooms in the mango tree, and looked at ours... We have blooms too! I didn't even notice!
    Great shots, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! They are so beautiful (and on 'most' trees, 20 or 30 feet off the ground), it's neat to see them in baby stage. Thanks on the photos.

    ReplyDelete