Monday, February 6, 2012

It Was Supah!


This has nothing to do with Super Bowl. I just like it.
I'm happy to say that for the first time ever I chose a team to back in the Super Bowl, for two pretty non-sporty reasons; the Giants had a Virgin Islander (a Crucian, even better!) on the team - first time ever for a VI player to be in the Super Bowl - as well as a Puerto Rican. How could I not chose them? And then they won, in a cliff-hanger. Ok, I didn't stay around until they won, but I read about it and heard it was quite the nail biting moment. And just in case you missed any of the ads? You can watch all of them here, even including the making of some of them. A couple of them seemed a bit warped to me and none of them got me teary or right out loud laughing, which is my rating scale, but maybe I was just smiling too much at the show going on around me. Tough act to compete with, advertisers.

The best part was just being at Dinghy Dock for Super Bowl with Linda again, a tradition that had gone into abeyance with her move to Michigan a couple of years ago. And while we swear by half-time being the real reason for the Super Bowl (due to a yawning lack of interest in football, unlike most of our women friends who are brilliant on the subject), I have to say, Madonna has never been high on my oh wow! list, and her show didn't do anything for me at all. HOWEVER! I did win a Dinghy Dock mug during one of the half-time raffles, so it all evened out. Great company, great Neil, great fun. Ok, that's over. Next?

 Judy and Rebecca taking care of the pool board. For the first time, I didn't get a number on it. I'm sure I would have won the big one!

 Anita looking cute as ever and always

 Chuck's winning raffle ticket...a hat! Chuck can't have too many hats.

 As you can see

 Some beautiful people! Web calls this his pizza eating shirt.

 Bartending is NOT for the faint of heart. Chris and Linda helping.

 Lisa is not holding John up, it just looks that way. 

 Darth Vadar in gold lame? No, no, that's Madonna, ok, got it.

I love this picture of Linda. Why she is looking so winsome I have no idea, but it is so her.

Yippee! I won a mug! and gave it to Linda to commemorate her being back in the game. 
At least until she heads North again. I do not look winsome. 

Chuck with yet another winning raffle ticket! I think this one was dinner at Dinghy Dock. Those announcers were very jealous.

More happy faces and dear hearts I'm always glad to see.

Yes, this is the sort of thing always worn to Super Bowl, MJ, 
didn't you just see Madonna? 

I'm sure there will be plenty re-hashing the game around here and water coolers all over the lands of sporty folk everywhere, but the cat and I have other things to discuss. 

Have a mindful Monday. Do something mannerly.

Just a reminder to put on your calendar.
Meet Ivan for Mayor this coming week at Seabourne.
Tuesday, 6:00 



No comments:

Post a Comment