Friday, February 17, 2012

Fantasies and Realities - a True (not)Free Range Friday

Lust. I'm lusting these days, I have to admit it. I dream of the object(s) of my lust and wake up looking around, realizing it is just a dream. I'm hoping that going public will put a little realistic perspective on my conscious and subconscious desire(s). One must have hope!

Here are some examples of what I'm lusting after (children, you may stay in the room):

 I admit it, I get shivers just looking at this photo. 8 burners!  3 ovens! Swoon.

How can you not love built in S & P shakers? 
With 2 ovens, a clock AND a timer? Oh my!

Of course, like most lust objects, these works of art do not come cheaply. Maybe if I lived in the Western US and scrounged around lots and got very very lucky, I could afford one. But think thousands and thousands of dollars and then multiply that and you will know why a stove like this is going to be kept in the lust category, pretty much for the rest of my natural life (as opposed to my unnatural life). 

Boone cabinets were pretty awesome too


















I remember seeing stoves like these 30+ years ago and loving them. Some were like the Hoosier cabinets of stovedom (another lust item you used to be able to find cheap, back when we walked to school 10 miles each way uphill through snow...in Florida); S & P shakers, special racks, bread warmers, multiple ovens.Those were the days before it was chic to like old appliances. Ah well, I'm just glad that some of each still exist and are being cared for. That's a beautiful thing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wandering around town yesterday, in some really glorious weather, everything just looked shiny good. There is a lot of cleaning and fixing up going on all over the island as well, so if you are delayed by big trucks and strange looking machines, be glad about it, it will look better later (though why a sweet, just planted palm tree, in a just cleaned up area, was dozed out of the way in one spot baffles me...sort of...not really). 

 Spiffy, I'm telling you.

 I have no idea who knitted/crocheted this and put it around this palm tree, but I like it! 
(for those of you who don't know, yellow and green are the colors of Culebra)

 The Alcaldia is one of my favorite buildings - wish we could still see all of it


 A couple of Don Jose's boats, in the process of being worked on

These floats aren't in town, but I really like them, along with the lantern. 
It's quite popular around here to hang up the floats that
 wash ashore for tree decoration. Mine hang in the gazebo.

Three more batches of bread to go. I have a feeling I'm going to be running late this morning, but...you who ordered late rosemary garlic people? It's going to be here today!

The moon, rising in the East, about 4 a.m. 

Have a fortuitous Friday. Do something fundamental. 

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos! I saw the moon this morning too!
    I like to look for those floats after a storm. I had some in a tree at our old apartment.....
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten some good ones, my favorites are the metal ones. You enjoy the weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete