Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday in the Park...Ok, the Library and the Plaza.

Today at 3 is the AWC auction at the library! Don't wish you'd been there, just be there. This evening, at the plaza, there will be a tribute to the 'PanMan'. I'm trying like crazy to get all the info on this and can't find it (where did I put that digital message anyway?). If you knew this guy, you'll be there. If you enjoy steel pan music, you'll be there. If you know all the details including his name which I feel awful not to have here, leave a comment please!

The weather is warming up during the day, but I still have my blanket out for sleeping. I remember when fall and winter seemed to last as quickly as a breath in the islands, so I'm loving the coolness and glad for when we get it. "Glad for climate change, MJ?" Uh, in this case, yes I am; I'd be lying otherwise.

Yesterday I was at Zoni - the clouds and colors of the water were dreamy...or it was just sleep deprivation on my part. You decide.







 I love sea grape trees!

In the afternoon there was a really nice time together remembering Kim in photos and talk at the Sand Bar. Walt brought his CD of the many photos people had contributed for her life celebration last year, and also made some wonderful roses and birds from palm fronds. Rebecca put them up on the door of Kim's old store along with some thoughts. It was a good time, with a lot of laughter and a lot of missing. Thanks, Rebecca, for putting it together and supplying the wine. Thanks, Mike, for the space and the sandwiches and the wall for the slideshow. Thanks, Kim, for being so you that we miss you like crazy.




Valentine's Day is coming up, that designated day for romance and lovers to show what they feel, supposedly all year long (sort of like Thanksgiving). Let it be a reminder to love the ones you love, be they lover, friend, child, parent; whoever comes under your cover of love, every day, all the time. Life is short, live it, love in it.

Have a serene Saturday. Do something special for someone.

4 comments:

  1. Mj, I love to hang my hammock on the sea grape trees at Zoni. I love Zoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice image there, a hammock on the sea grapes, the sound of the water. Yep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors MJ! I love Zoni, we were the only ones there on Zoni Beach when we visited...
    Have a great day!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one there that day, but when I turned around, there was a couple tucked up in some sea grape trees. I'm sure they were glad to be 'alone' again!

    ReplyDelete