Monday, February 13, 2012

Good Morning, Culebra Monday!

What a difference a name of a day makes. Yesterday's tranquil quiet seems even more quiet compared to the busy feeling of now. Cars and trucks with engines torqued, zooming by (at 35 maybe even 40!mph), radios loud as a strong cup of coffee, that far off rooster is now right outside my window, even people walking are talking in close to shout volume.

I've got my list of to-do's to be done, but right now I'm back under the blanket; 70 degrees, chilly and still hoping the cat can figure out how to get the coffee that is waiting into a cup, properly creamed and sugared. In reality, she is huddled in a little round ball by my elbow, finished with her breakfast and now using me for a heat source. She always wins.

Yesterday at Flamenco was, in a word, beautiful. I could use more words to tell you, but instead, I'll show.

 Okay, it's not all beautiful, but somebody has to work. I got here in the later part of the afternoon, when putting away and heading away were what was going on.

 This just looked really clean to me and I was impressed. 
Plus, these banos always make me laugh for some reason. 
Maybe their 'first thing you see' ness? I don't know.

 The 'next thing you see'

 Unless you are distracted by a glowing, baby iguana green coconut

 Or a cat with the biggest head I've ever seen on a cat

 A full container ship. 
I wonder if the captain and crew ever wish they could stop and stay awhile. 

 And then I got wave mesmerized. Pure, plain and simply, mesmerized.






 The surf was very small, but this guy was determined to body ride it, and he eventually did


Nothing says tropical than plants that, in more northern climes, grow in regular pots in your doctor's office, here with trunk sized vines, swallowing a coconut palm with leaves the size of a small car. 

"Yeah yeah, I see your sandy feet. You want tropical? I look tropical. Where's my dinner?"

Have a multi-tasked get done Monday! Do something manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment