Sunday, February 5, 2012

Windmills on Culebra? Education is Key.

It is another beautiful day in Paradox! It's also Super Bowl Sunday. "If we took all the money from Super Bowl ads and spent it on educating our kids, we wouldn't be America." Andy Borowitz  

But let's move on. Usually on Sunday, I try to keep it mellow. I think I do that anyway. But through an interesting series of events, this is how this Sunday will be. And who wants mellow on the day that men will be beating the tar out of each other to the manic interest of the marketing CEO's passionate fans?

Because I think Roger Ebert says it so much better than I would, I'm just going to use his article, responding to viewing the movie 'Windfall', to say it for me. This movie was brought to my attention by a woman who is working to increase its distribution. If we could get it here to be shown at the Cine, that would be wonderful. In the meantime, here is the trailer from the website, followed by Ebert's article.

Note: We aren't a farming community, but, the windmills Victor Gonzalez would be putting up would be directly above Flamenco Beach, one of the top-rated beautiful beaches in the world. Along with the fact that the land has been deemed unstable by geological studies, and the run-off would go directly into the sea. I will leave to your own imagination what the profits would be and where they would go.



From Roger Ebert's website: his take on the movie is an important read in case you really want to know more. I was going to include it here, but figure you are able to click on the link if you're interested.


And now, a little bonus! This video was posted on Facebook and it is the video I wish I'd taken and am so very grateful that it was done, and done so well. It sped up my heart beat, and was almost like being there again. Watch closely and I'm sure you'll see people you know.



Have a be sure who you are Super Saturday! Do something showing what team you believe in.


2 comments:

  1. This is completely unrelated but thought I would mention that we are to Sabana on Thursday - wanna come with? I realize this is not the place to post messages of this kind but I did anyway - gua gua!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it is exactly where to put this because what is Sabana if not educational? Shifting land masses, multiple ecological zones, possibly disappearing 'too good to be true' populations. The world (of my readers, which means at least six) should know!

    As much as I'd love to go, and I really mean it, I'm guagua'd that day. And the next too. Wish is was today!

    ReplyDelete