Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Caroling We Go, Culebra Style

Cwim & I preparing for the evening ahead
(disclaimer: I didn't go caroling. I try to confine my singing in public to joyful inebriated moments that I sincerely hope no one will remember the next morning and that I'd seriously consider a lobotomy to forget)

Tis the season! Last night the Culebra carolers were in fine form around the town; we caught them, or they caught us? at Susie's, where I was sharing a birthday dinner for Sue, with her husband Keith. As the years have gone by the group gets bigger and better. Wish I'd video'd the first song, but...oops! I didn't!

Maria getting ready for opening at Susie's. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ~ Let the games begin!

And suddenly, they were there!

More and more and more, it was like a very cool circus car, carolers replacing clowns

With Amy Jo on guitar and a violin! We're getting pretty classy around here! Will we see Mary with her harp next year?

All in their places with bright shiny faces


One topic of conversation was the sailboat that is now firmly attached to the reef at Mangalar. With a fine view of it, this is a report from above, with photos. Apparently another boat went aground off of Cayo Norte last night as well. It's blowin' out there, sailors! Read your charts and don't try to take any shortcuts!

Ask and you shall receive! The carolers help celebrate Sue's birthday 
(terrible video skills here, but that's how it goes!)

This afternoon, I THINK around 2, Santa will be at Milka's for the annual gift giveaway. I love going and seeing the children. What I like even more is hoping to find the coquito stash for the over 4 feet tall set.

The wind is still blowing, not as hard as the other day but pretty unceasingly, with an occasional spit of a shower. So if you are out and about tonight at the various parties going on around the island, bring along something more than your spaghetti strap top. Women should also wear something extra.

Have a Santa-filled Saturday! Do something silly.


2 comments:

  1. Here the wind died down and we're having warm spell.
    I'll do my best to have a Santa Silly Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good! You're finally getting some fine weather. Good luck on your Santa Silly Saturday!

    ReplyDelete